Wednesday 10 November 2010

I'm gonna get my dad on you



In 1983 my Dad, Ken Brown made this TV public information film for the Central Office of Information. (I can now see why at the time he was so keen to see Tron in the cinema.)
Anyway, 27 years later I am listening to BBC 6 Music and suddenly hear the familiar voice of Madeline Bell warning me to "...read the road, there's a junction coming..." over and over again, the whole track has been 'sampled' with added, drums, synth and tamborine and eventually the voice of Jim Noir coming in at the end.

Download Jim's 'Melody Junction' track for free here.

"If you don't give my football back, I'm gonna get my dad on you
I only kicked it over your fence and broke a silly gnome or two
Eanie meany, run away
Eanie meany run away"

Eanie Meany by Jim Noir

No comments: